Using XMReality Remote Guidance to create a new service revenue
The support side of industrial companies has historically been a reactive department. It hasn’t been highly prioritized, and many organizations have seen it as an annoyance; something you need just to make the customers happy and to sell their core products.
But this perspective has changed, and nowadays, the support department often have to present financial results. Traditionally, what the support division has been able to add to the overall revenue is selling spare parts and invoicing for the time it takes to send a support technician to solve a problem. The issue here is that the margins are low, and the costs are high. But regarding new digital solutions, much has happened this past year. Companies are now able to turn their customer support into a revenue engine.
Increase need for instant support remotely
Since the pandemic started, companies are opening up to digital resolutions. The need for technical remote solutions is rising fast and many companies are looking for ways to avoid time consuming travels and possibilities to provide instant support. This opens a door for you to offer a new way to support your customer. And with that, a new way to increase your service revenue.
So how do companies get ahead of the game and increase the profits from the support side of the organization?
How do you package Remote Guidance for maximum profits?
A common apprehension is that it’s difficult to put a price tag on remote support. Some companies also fear that their customers aren’t used to being served via an app and camera and would prefer to have a technician physically present when facing a problem that has to be solved.
Although this is still true for some companies, there has been a change in attitude towards digital solutions since the outbreak of Covid-19. The understanding and acceptance for companies not sending someone physically has risen and people are even more apprehensive letting outsiders into their factories.
Another major change is the realization that competitors are always evolving and trying news way of working. Turning your back on the digitalization that is going on right now can have great consequences, and an investment in the right technology will propel you forward.
To help you visualize how you could package your solution, we have picked some examples based on our customers:
- Offer both your on-site support and remote support, but in different packages. Use different prices and use the USP of getting the support faster with remote support to increase the value of a remote support package.
- Offer free support via Remote Guidance during the Warranty Time to save costs and create a demand, then include it in the service contracts as a paid service. Onsite support cost extra. With this offer, you can charge more for your core product and increase the chance of the customer choosing the remote support offer.
- Sell your remote support in packages with different amounts of hours of support included.
- Offer Remote Guidance as a part of the service contract, up to a certain number of hours. And offer emergency contracts for customers who need support but don’t have a service contract.
- Output based: provide XMR in all service interventions and only charge for the one you solve. If not solve, you would still have gain the advantage of knowing what to expect when arriving and you can bring the right tools and spares with you.
These are just a few examples of how you could package your remote support offering to increase your profits and enhance your portfolio of products. Using effective digital technology as a support solution to your customers does not have to be complicated. It’s a smart investment to get a head of your competition and increase your revenue.
What types of companies uses XMReality to increase revenue?
Our customers deliver complex products or systems on a global market. We work with small & large packaging manufacturing firms, global brewing conglomerates, energy companies, and more. XMReality Remote Guidance can scale to fit any business that needs instant remote support.
Having experts supporting globally is a challenge with companies traditionally sending technicians on long journeys to solve problems. XMReality Remote Guidance solves this logistical headache letting your experts work on-demand with remote support helping customers faster while increase revenue.
If you are interested in trying our services, you can start a 30-day free trial right here and see for yourself!