XMReality on Hololens 2
As part of XMReality's product release November 2021, there's a possibility to use XMReality Remote Guidance on your Hololens 2. But you might wonder what benefits this brings to use?
When is using XMReality on HoloLens 2 useful?
Smart glasses enables a hands free guiding experience, where you can easily follow instructions provided throughout XMReality Remote Guidance. HoloLens 2 also allows the user to move the screen and pin it next to the equipment to easily follow instructions. Using XMReality on HoloLens 2 is useful in training and knowledge sharing scenarios.
How does this work?
XMReality Web Guide Station can be used in the Edge web browser on the smart glasses. This means that no application needs to be installed on the HoloLens 2. Follow the step-by-step instruction below to get started with XMReality on your HoloLens 2.
1. Login to HoloLens 2 with your Microsoft account
2. Make sure your HoloLens 2 are updated with the latest software release from Microsoft (in Settings). Please note that XMReality requires Edge release 96 or later.
3. Open Edge web browser
4. Go to https://guidestation.xmreality.com/
5. Login with XMReality account details or use a QR login code, find more info below
6. Start call by either; 1) call another XMReality user from contacts list, 2) send call link to another person using built-in SMS function, 3) have someone else call you from their XMReality application and accept incoming call.
- In-call features are the same as in the Web Guide Station on your computer. HoloLens 2 can be used with existing XMReality Enterprise accounts.
- XMReality requires Edge release 96 or later and that the release date of this version might differ between regions
- Save XMReality's Web Guide Station login-page as a favorite for easier access next time
- Save XMReality login username and password for easier login next time
Create a QR login code:
The easiest way is to log in to your Smartglasses is to use a QR login code, which you simply scan with your smart glasses and instantly get logged in. Log in to XMReality on your mobile application; Press More (...) and then Profile, finally choose option Create QR Login code.